2013 WISC Fun in The Sun Tournament
Tournament Age Groups, Players on Field, Maximum Roster
Boys & Girls U9 – U15
U9 & U10 8 v 8 Max. 15 player roster (3 Guest Players Allowed)
U11 9 v 9 Max. 15 player roster (3 Guest Players Allowed)
U12–U15 11 v 11 Max. 18 player roster (3 Guest Players Allowed)
Team Registration & Requirements
All teams will be required to register ONE HOUR prior to their first game. You are to register at the REGISTRATION Tent at the venue you are playing at.
All teams MUST bring to registration:
- A completed official tournament roster listing all players (including “guests”) and coaches.
- Approved medical release form for each participating player, signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Valid, up-to-date USYSA (or equivalent) player passes with picture, birth date and league pass (ID) number.
- U9 players without travel passes teams must have Proof of Date of Birth.
- All games will be played by FIFA laws except as specifically modified by these rules.
- All games will be officiated by USSF Certified and assigned referees.
- All teams are guaranteed at least four games. Teams will play two (2) games on Saturday, followed by two (2) games on Sunday. This format will be the same for all age groups. Please check your team’s schedule and field maps.
- Player passes, or equivalent, along with WISC approved tournament roster will be required by all teams for spot inspection in case of challenge. (Birth certificates for U9 teams)
- All games will be considered final and no protests will be allowed.
- The length of all games is 25 minute halves for ALL ages.
- All teams will play in a 4, 5, or 6 team flight.
- The 5 & 6 team flights have a round robin play and the team finishing with the best record comes in 1st place and so on.
- The 4 team flights will play 3 round robin games and then be re-seeded. The top two teams play for 1st place & 2nd and the other two teams play for 3rd place and 4th place.
- The game for 1st & 2nd place cannot end in a tie. Should there be a tie at the end of regulation, because of time constraints, they will go directly to a Penalty kick shootout to determine the winner.
Teams shall be awarded Game Points for determination of final standings as follows:
Win = 3 points
Tie = 1 points
Loss = 0 points
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of Round-Robin competition, the following tie breakers shall be applied, in the order given, until a winner (or higher seed in flights with a playoff) is determined:
- Winner of head to head competition (only with two teams)
- Most wins
- Least goals allowed
- Bonus points - Bonus points are awarded to the winning team for goal differential - not to exceed a maximum of three per game (i.e. 7-0 = 3 bonus points, 3-0 score = 3 bonus points, 4-2 score = 2 bonus points).
- Most Shutouts
- FIFA Penalty Kicks (Best of 5, then sudden death)
Forfeits – A team shall be allowed a 5 minute grace period after the scheduled kickoff time before the game is awarded to the opponent. In the unlikely event of a forfeit, the game shall be scored as follows:
- For purposes of determining score, the team, which is “victorious by forfeit”, shall be deemed to have won by a score of 2-0.
- For purposes of awarding points, that team shall receive 3 points for the win and 2 bonus points.
All awards will be presented at the conclusion of play at the venue where play for the flight is completed.
- In case of inclement weather, it will be the decision of the Tournament committee to suspend play.
- Coaches and players must appear on the field of play, ready to play, regardless of weather conditions.
- Games will be played, rain or shine, except for severe weather or lightning.
- If half the game has been completed the game will be considered final. If less than half the game has been completed, the game will be considered to have not been played and will have no effect on tournament standing. All games within a specific division’s round must be completed to be counted in final standings of all teams.
- In case of cancellation due to severe weather conditions, the Tournament Committee reserves the right to reschedule or offer other alternatives.
- In case of severe weather conditions or impending severe weather conditions, the Tournament Committee may reduce the length of games by fifty percent.
- Only the Tournament Committee can cancel or postpone a game(s). Every attempt will be made to reschedule the game(s).
- Uniforms must worn.
- In cases where uniform colors conflict (in the judgment of the referee), the home team will change uniform colors.
- All teams must have alternate uniforms available in case they need to change their jerseys.
- In the case of conflicts the home team will be asked to change jerseys first.
The exchange of team emblems is strongly encouraged at the conclusion of each game.
Please exchange on the side lines so the next game can start on time.
Team Field Position
Both team’s players and coaches must take a position on the same side of the field. All spectators must be on opposite side of the field. No one is permitted behind the goal.
Start of Game
The designated home team will start with the opening kickoff and the visiting team will pick the side of the field they wish to start. At half time the teams will switch sides of the field, and the visitor will get kickoff.
Each team is asked to provide one linesperson as requested by the referee.
Substitutions may be made with the consent of the referee at any stoppage of play. A substituted player may re-enter the game at referee approval.
Cards and Ejections
A player, coach or spectator receiving a red card will be ejected from the game and may not participate in the next scheduled game. The Tournament Committee further reserves the right to eject any player, coach or spectator from the tournament for flagrant violations of the rules of play.
In the event that severe weather or poor field conditions force the cancellation of the entire tournament, prior to the start of play, a full refund will be given less administrative expenses incurred to date. Once tournament play has commenced, there will be no refunds due to circumstances and conditions beyond the control of the West Islip Soccer Club and its tournament committee. There will be no refunds given for any other reason.
- All players and coaches will demonstrate the highest standard of sportsmanship throughout the tournament.
- All coaches are responsible for conduct of their players, parents and supporters while the team is at the tournament, as well as on the field of play. Please be considerate of all our neighbors.
- Please be considerate of ALL our neighbors, especially when parking.
- No alcoholic beverage shall be permitted in the immediate vicinity of the playing sites. No person shall be permitted to appear on or in the immediate vicinity of the playing sites in an intoxicated condition.
- Teams participate in the tournament at their own risk. West Islip Soccer Club Tournament Committee and the hamlet of West Islip cannot and do not accept liability for any injuries that may occur during the tournament. The act of participation by a team, player, coach, parent and/or spectator is a release by them of any and all claims.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to decide all matters pertaining to the tournament, including interpretation of the rules and regulations. Their decisions are final.
Good Luck and Have a Great Tournament!!!