Adam Novellano Memorial
2018 West Islip Indoor Tournament
- Sat Feb 3 (Boys & Girls U7-U12)
- Sat Feb 10 (Boys U7-U20)
- Sun Feb 11 (Girls U7-U20)
Intramural, Interleague & Travel (Boys & Girls)
Registration Deadline: Fri, Jan 19, 2018
West Islip intramural players interested in participating should register here instead
Only $250 per Team
- Teams from clubs with 5 or more teams registered will receive $25 off per team
- Teams from clubs with 10 or more teams registered will receive $50 off per team
- Travel teams splitting in 2 will count as 2 teams from that club
Date of Play:
- Because over 325 teams applied for this tournament in 2017, we offer choices.
- 1-Day Format (your team will play all games on 1 day)
- Boys & Girls U7 through U12 teams will have the option to pick the date they want to play:
- Boys U7-U12 teams can register for either Sat Feb 3 or Sat Feb 10 (or both if you want)
- Girls U7-U12 teams can register for either Sat Feb 3 or Sun Feb 11 (or both if you want)
- Boys U13 & older teams will play on Sat Feb 10
- Girls U13 & older teams will play on Sun Feb 11
Time of Play:
- Session start times for Feb 3 games are expected to be posted by Wed, Jan 31
- Session start times for Feb 10 & 11 games are expected to be posted by Wed, Feb 7
- If your team is already participating in a league game and you know the time of that game, please make sure you indicate that on the application (along with location). If we are unable to fit you in, we'll issue you a refund.
- We will try our very hardest to accommodate time requests (such as early morning, or late afternoon/early evening), but keep in mind that they are requests
- Session start times will be posted online a few days prior to the tournament. Game schedules will be provided to the coach at check-in about 45 minutes prior to the session.
Tournament features include:
- Age groups: U7 - U20
- Competition level: Intramural, interleague & travel
- Number of Players: U12 & younger play 6v6 (incl goalkeeper); U13 & older play 5v5 (incl goalkeeper)
- Minimum of 4 games
- 4-team brackets play 4 games of 15 minutes each
- 5-team brackets play 4 games of 15 minutes each
- 6-team brackets play 5 games of 12 minutes each)
- One day format for all teams (quick session times; usually less than 3 hours)
- Boys U7-U12 can choose to play on Sat Feb 3 or Sat Feb 10 (your choice)
- Boys U13-U20 play on Sat, Feb 10
- Girls U7-U12 can choose to play on Sat, Feb 3 or Sun Feb 11 (your choice)
- Girls U13-U20 play on Sun, Feb 11
- Games played on hardwood gym floor surface (futsal format; so NO cleats)
- Each session will be followed by an awards presentation
- Trophies and awards for all U10 & younger players
- Trophies for 1st & 2nd place for U11 & older players
- Awards for best goalkeeper, defender, striker, MVP. for each division
- Lionheart award for one player per team in all divisions
- Full food concessions (bagels, muffins, pizza, heroes, hot dogs, hot pretzels, soup, candy, drinks)
- Tournament Director & Girls Coordinator: Rob Grimaldi
- Assistant Tournament Director & Boys Coordinator: Josh Blumberg
Our indoor tournament is named in memory of Adam Novellano.
For over 35 years the idea of this tournament has been:
great competition, friendships, and lots of fun.
Over 325 teams applied for this tournament last year
Come...bring your teams and enjoy the fun.
We look forward to seeing you at our tournament this year!!!!!
- Registration deadline: Friday, January 19, 2018
- We have limited gym time and space, so we strongly suggest applying ASAP..
- Teams interested in participating but not registering by the deadline, are recommended to register for the WAITING LIST. Once we determine that we can accept more teams in a bracket we'll contact the teams that have registered for the waiting list. You will not need to pay to be on the waiting list. If we find room in a bracket, you'll receive an email to complete registration and only then you'll be asked to pay.
- You can manage your team (including payment & rosters) here.
- To edit your roster, login, then click on the green Team Website button next to your team's name and click on Manage Roster in the left column (under Coach Tools) on the following page.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to accept or decline applications.
- All payments must be made online with a debit or credit card (no checks or cash)
- If your team is one of multiple teams from your club registering for this tournament, we will automatically adjust your payment to reflect the multi-team discount
Bring the following the day of the tournament and show 45 minutes before your session start time at check-in:
West Islip Soccer Club is a member of